Medical Officer is a senior government official of a health department or agency, usually at a municipal, district, state/province, or regional level. This post is held by a physician who serves to advise and lead a team of public health professionals such as environment health officers and public health nurses on matter of public health importance.
Lecturer is a person who gives lectures or speeches to public. He is the one who teaches and leads research groups. He is the holder of an open-ended position at a University or institute. For being a lecturer it requires a doctorate or equivalent degree.
Junior Physician are those who are postgraduate training. They are qualified to practice medicine, especially one who specializes in diagnosis and medical treatment as distinct from surgery.
Assistant professor is a person who conduct assigned undergraduate and graduate courses and seminars. He serves as academic advisor to students on college or university committees. He is also engaged in scholarly activities or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the University.
Anaesthetists are those specialist doctors who are responsible for providing anesthesia to their patients during operations and procedures. They have a range of practice which extends to include pain management and intensive care.
Goa PSC Recruitment 2015 for Medical Officers & Lecturers details:-
Last date to apply online: 3rd September 2015
Name and Number of posts: 48
|Name of the posts||No. of posts|
|Associate Professor (Neurology)||01|
– Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: 01 Post
– Oral Pathology and Microbiology: 01 Post
– Periodontology: 01 Post
– Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge: 01 Post
– Oral Medicine and Radiology: 01 post
- Candidates should possess a recognised Medical qualification included in the First or the Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act.
- PG Degree/ Diploma in the specialty concerned or equivalent for Associate Professor (Neurology), Lecturers and lecturer (Psychiatry)
- MBBS from a recognized Medical College
- MD in Anaesthesia from a recognized Institution or equivalent and registered with the Medical Council of India for Anaesthetist.
For Associate Professor (Neurology), Lecturer (Paediatrics) and Lecturer (Psychiatry): 45 years
For Junior Physician, Medical Officer, Lecturer and Anaesthetist: 42 years
Candidates will be selected based on interview.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates can apply online through website www.goapsc.gov.in
Instructions to Apply Online:
1. Before applying online candidates should have a valid e-mail ID.
2. Log on to the website “www.goapsc.gov.in”.
3. Click on “Online Application Form”
4. Fill the details carefully.
5. Click on Submit button.
6. Take the printout copy of application and retain it for future use.
For more Goa jobs (CLICK HERE)
To apply online (CLICK HERE)
For detailed advertisement (CLICK HERE)
Goa Public Service Commission is government body created by the Constitution of India. Goa PSC advises the government on all matters relating to State Civil Services which comes under Article 320 (3). It conduct exams for appointment to the civil services for Goa. Shri. Kurapati Dwarakanath Row is the current chairman of Goa PSC. The total number of sanctioned staff strength of Group C and D staff of Goa PSC is 38. Recently a post of “Technical Officer (Computer)” is created to computerize the functioning of the Commission.
The smallest state of the country, Goa lies in the western region of India. It is covering the area of 3,702 square kilo meter, with total population of 1,457,723, out of which 7,39,140 are male and 719405 are female. The literacy rate of the state is 88.70%. It is bounded by Maharashtra to the north, Karnataka to the east and Arabian Sea to the western coast. The GDP per capita of Goa, contributes two & a half times that of the country as a whole. Goa is also a former Portuguese province. The land of Goa which is away from the coast is rich in minerals, ores and minings. It exports 60% of India’s mineral ore to Japan. Goa tourism holds 12% of foreign tourist arrivals in India. Panji is the capital city of Goa. The state usually experience tropical monsoon climate. Goan carnival and new year celebration of Goa is the major attraction for tourists. Konkani and Marathi are the two official language of the state. Goa is also known for the music “Goa Trance”. The architecture of Goa is mainly of Portuguese style. Soccer is the most popular sport of the state.
Click Here to Share This on Whatsapp
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+