Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India, started in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank Of India and Public Sector Banks. It has envisioned as self-governed academic and research oriented Institute, with a mission of enhancing human-resource development through personnel assessment.
Who are trying and want to try their luck in Banking sectors of the country, IBPS is giving opportunity to all those candidates to explore themself and know the banking structure and their work process. IBPS is conducting 5th Common Written Examination(CWE) for clerks job in Indian Banks. In 2011, IBPS announced CWE for the selection Officers and Clerks in Indian banks. IBPS CWE is now mandatory for anyone who seeks an employment in 20 public sector and Regional Rural banks.
- Candidates should have Bachelor or Masters Degree form a recognized college or institute.
- Ability to read/write/speak in local language of the state applying.
- Candidate should have computer knowledge.
As on 1st August 2015
20-28 years of age.
As per the rules of Government of India age relaxation will be provided to reserved classes.
New exam pattern
IBPS clerk shall follow two stage process-
- Consists of 100 question which includes 30 questions from English Language, 35 from Numerical Ability and 35 from Reasoning Ability, which should be answered within 1 hour.
- Cutoffs would be fixed for each section and also for the total score, which you need to secure.
- Candidates qualified form Prelim test will be eligible for main examination.
- Consists of 200 questions which includes 40 questions each from reasoning, English Language, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness and computer knowledge, which should be answered in 2 hours.
- Candidate must achieve cutoff scores to be called for common interview.
For every wrong answer there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in both prelim and main examination.
Candidate will be selected through 2 written exam followed by common interview.
- ST/SC: Rs. 100/-
- Others: Rs. 600/-
Candidates who are interested for this vacancy can download notification by clicking on:-
Start date to register online application form: 11th August 2015
Last date to deposit application fees: 1st September 2015
Date of Preliminary test: 5, 6, 12 and 13 December 2015
Date of Main examination: 2 and 3 January 2016
Final allotment will be completed in April 2016
Click Here to Share This on Whatsapp
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+