The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) was established in 1972 and an international organization that researches agricultural for development in rural areas. The main aim of the organization is to give nutritious food to the needed people of rural areas for their better livelihood and trying to remove poverty, hunger, malnutrition and many side sets come from the lack of food supply. The staff and suppliers and work in the organization always be there in providing cost-effective tools and products to developing a modern career path. The institute has done much research on the crops for the development and completes it successfully and to continue it the ICRISAT has announced a vacancy for the post of Deputy Director-General where he has to Provide scientific and management leadership for planning, implementing and monitoring an integrated research portfolio and ensure it is aligned with the organization’s strategy and contributes to the CGIAR Strategy and Result Framework (SRF) and Research Programmes (CRPs) and also ensure the availability of adequate people of the right quality and other resources to deliver the agreed objectives of the Institute in a cost-effective manner and many other responsibilities which are mentioned in the official website with the link below. Those candidates who have master’s degrees and experience in Agricultural Engineering / Soil Science / Agricultural Extension / Agricultural Science from any recognized institute can apply for the post.
SALARY – As per the rules of the department.
Important Dates And Information
Post Name – Deputy Director-General
Total no. of Post – 01
Last Date of Application: – 6-9-2020
Location – Hyderabad
Recruitment Details 2020
The maximum age of the candidates will be valid as per the rules of the department and the age limit will be relaxed for the reserved category.
The candidates who will be selected for these posts will be given a salary as per the rules of the department.
- Ph.D. in an area of agricultural sciences (Crop Breeding, Soil and Water Management, Social Science, etc.) with a broad perspective on agriculture in the developing world and across the research for development agenda.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience, including research management experience, with at least 5 years in developing countries with scientific responsibilities at a senior level.
- A solid understanding of the role of science in agricultural development, particularly in evidence-based decision-making.
- Proven ability to establish, nurture, and oversee multi-cultural, gender-sensitive multidisciplinary research teams.
- Working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
Those candidates who are eligible will appear for the written exam and then shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and selection will be based on that only.
The candidate can participate in the written exam by sending the application along with the documents required on the website of the department before 6-9-2020
For more government jobs of Telangana click here
To go to the official department website click here
To download the official departmental release click here
Click Here to Share This on Whatsapp
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+