The Puducherry Police date back to the period of French colonial rule prior to 1954. Separate Armed and Indigenous (local) police units were maintained at that time. The modern force still retains the French kepi as a distinctive feature of its uniform. The Puducherry Police come under the direct control of the Department of Home Affairs, Government of Puducherry. The force is headed by the Director General of police (DGP).As of 2013, the Puducherry Police had around 4000 personnel, out of whom 150 were women. The force plans to induct more women officers to have one woman officer at every police station. Puducherry state Police give Notification for the posts of women constable in the Union Territory of Puducherry .Eligible And Interested Women candidates may apply before the last date.
Candidate Eligibility & Criteria for women police Constable :
Name of posts: women police Constable
Number of posts: 100 posts.
Qualification/Education of the Candidates (women):
- Candidates should pass in 10 + 2 or its equivalent.
- Selection will be on the based on physical test, written test and medical fitness.
- Candidate age Between18 to 22 Years as on 30thNovember 2014.
Candidates 3 years for candidates belonging to MBC/ OBC/ EBC/ BCM/ BT communities.
Candidates 5 years for candidates belonging to SC communities.
How to apply:
- Candidates should Apply Through online in the Official Website before the last date 24 December 2014.
- Candidates also attached with application Self attested copies of the Relevant documents.
The superintendent of police (HQ)
No.2 Dumas Street, Puducherry.
- Last date of the Application Submission 24th December 2014
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+