Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) is the supreme civil service of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The recruitment to the service is made on the basis of an annual competitive examination. The officers are included in the state cadre of civil service officers. The RAS exam is organized by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), a Rajasthan government body. The RAS officers hold various posts at sub-district level while delivering various government services apart from conducting revenue administration and maintenance of law and order. Generally vacancies of the RAS are open once in two to three years. 3 level examinations are held:- Preliminary, Mains and Interview.
Rajasthan Public Service Commission had declared RAS (prelims) 2015 (re exam RAS 2013) Result. Total 1,71,405 Candidates had been appeared in examination out which 24,079 have been selected for RAS Mains Exam 2015 which will he held from 9 April, 2016 to 12 April, 2016. Check RAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015 and RAS Mains Syllabus 2015 given below.
RAS Mains 2015 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Name of Organization: Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Name of Exam: Rajasthan Administration Services Prelims Examination
Total Number of Post: 990
Date of Main Examination: 9th April to 12th April 2016
RAS Mains Exam Pattern 2015:-
- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive /analytical.
- A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paperof brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type question.
- The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary Level.
- The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours
|Paper||Name of Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|I||General Studies I||200||3 Hours|
|II||General Studies II||200||3 Hours|
|III||General Studies III||200||3 Hours|
|IV||General Hindi and General English||200||3 Hours|
RAS Mains Syllabus 2015:-
Paper I: General Studies I
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Indian History
- Ancient & Medieval Period
- Modern Period
- History of Modern World
- Indian Constitution, Political System &Governance
- Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Goegraphy of World and India: World Geography and Geography of India
- Geography of Rajasthan
Paper II: General Studies II
- Logical reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive)
- Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy
General Science & Technology:
- General and Everyday Science
- Important Technological Concepts and Advancements
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Various Scientific & Technological Projects of Rajasthan.
Paper III: General Studies III
- Current Affairs
- India and Global Perspective
- India in Global Perspective
- Global Economic issues and trends
- International Affair and Diplomatic Strategy
- Current Sensitive Issues
- Issues related to National Integrity and Security
- Governance Issues
- Pressure Groups and Organisational Development.
- Possibilities, Resources and Programmes for Development in Rajasthan
- General & Administrative Management
- Administrative Ethics
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Aptitude and Foundational Value of Civil Services
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strengthening of Moral values in Governance and Public Administration.
Paper IV: General Hindi and General English
- Comprehensive and Translation
View More Details: CLICK HERE
For More Syllabus click here
For Official Website: CLICK HERE
Click Here to Share This on Whatsapp
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+