A Clerk is a white-collar worker who conducts general office tasks, or a worker who performs similar sales-related tasks in a retail environment (a retail clerk). The responsibilities of clerical workers commonly include record keeping, filing, staffing service counters, screening solicitors, and other administrative tasks.
SBI Clerk Exam 2015- Pattern and Syllabus
Name of Organization: State Bank of India (SBI)
Name of Post: Clerk
SBI clerk online exam generally consists of 5 sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General English
- General Awareness
- Computer Awareness /Marketing Aptitude.
SBI Written Exam Pattern 2015:
- Total marks – 200
- No. of Questions – 200
- Number of Sections – 5 (Every section 40 marks – 40 ques.)
- The sections are Reasoning Ability, Data Interpretation / Quantitative aptitude, English, Computer / marketing aptitude, General awareness.
- Every Question – 1 mark
- Time allowed: Composite time of 2 Hours 15minutes
- Negative marks – 1/4th mark will be deducted for each
- Every section, except General English, will be bilingual i.e., English &Hindi.
- To qualify, candidates will have to qualify in each section.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2015:
Here is the detailed syllabus of all these sections:-
- Quantitative Aptitude : Number system, simplifications, Roots, Averages, Surds & Indices, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Ratio& Proportion, Partnership, Chain rule, Time & work, Pipes & Cisterns, Time & Distance, Problems on trains, Boats & streams, Allegation & mixtures, Simple & Compound interest, clocks & algorithms, mensuration, Volume& surface area, Permutations & combinations, heights& distances, line graphs, Bar graphs, pie charts, Tabulation.
- Reasoning Ability: Series completion, syllogisms, Decision making, Statements , Analogy, Coding & decoding, Blood relations, Sitting arrangements, Classification.
- General English: Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction, Vocabulary, Spelling correction, Grammar, Idioms, Phrases, Synonyms, Word formation, Antonyms, Sentence completion, Comprehension, Theme detection.
- General Awareness: Indian Constitution, News about technology and researches, News on India and its neighboring countries, Knowledge of current events, Sports , history, geography, culture.
- Computer Awareness/Marketing Aptitude:-Computer Awareness: Questions related to Computer software and hardware, operating system, shortcut keys, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet & networks
Marketing Aptitude: Questions on economy of India, questions on Marketing, banking and finance
Note:- There will be Negative marking for wrong answers. For every wrong answer given by the candidate, 0.25 marks or ¼ marks will be deducted as a penalty for that wrong answer.
To View Banking Jobs click here
To View More Syllabus click here
For Official Website of SBI: CLICK HERE
Click Here to Share This on Whatsapp
Whatsapp Twitter Facebook Google+