We all dream of having a perfect smile. However, not everyone can afford to go to the dentist to have their teeth whitened. You can naturally whiten your teeth at home destroying your enamel. Try these natural ways to help you brighten your teeth in no time:
1) Brush regularly- Some people brush their teeth after every meal, but it will immediately do more than good. The acid and sugar produced right after eating weakens the teeth enamel temporarily and brushing immediately after a meal could weaken it further instead brush your teeth half an hour before eating and rinse your mouth later. Also, use whitening toothpaste and an electro brush to get rid of stains and plaque more effectively than a regular brush.
2) Oil Pulling- Rinse your mouth with coconut, sesame or tea tree oil as they help get rid of tartar and plaque that causes discolouration and will also prevent ant gum conditions. Rinse your mouth with two tablespoons of either of these oils for at least five minutes before spitting it out and after that rinse it with lukewarm water. Avoid eating anything for the next half an hour. You can do this for twice a week.
3) Avoid Unhealthy habits- Avoid smoking, drinking coffee alcohol, soda or chewing tobacco as to keep stain away. Do not eat junk food instead have crunchy fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, strawberries and celery in your diet. Try to Consume milk and milk-based products such as yoghurt, buttermilk etc as it helps to increase and maintain the pH level and re-mineralise the teeth enamel, leaving you with an envious smile.
4) Activated Charcoal- It is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to naturally whiten your teeth. Crush one tablet into a powder. Dip your clean wet toothbrush into it, and brush your teeth as you normally do.
5) Other Measures- You could use neem twigs as a toothbrush to brush your teeth in the mornings. Chewing on neem leaves can also help prevent your teeth from turning yellow. You can also mix a few drops of neem oil in your toothpaste. You can also rub your teeth with banana peel or orange peel every day can also help in whitening in your teeth.
Do not use all these methods at the same time, and don’t resort to home whitening if you have any dental problems.