Exercising regularly not only helps one lose weight but it is also a healthy way to bulk up. Pairing a healthy workout session with a protein-rich diet is a healthy way of upping your BMI. While nutritionists around the world say that it’s best to put on weight naturally through a weight gain diet, there is no harmful side effects of consuming protein powders. Here are six food items that you can add to your diet to gain weight:
- Potatoes- This starchy vegetable is not only delicious but is an excellent weight-gaining food item that can add to your diet. This versatile root can be consumed in a number of ways like in salads, mashed potatoes and oven–baked potato.
- Whole grain bread- Fresh whole grain bread is a powerhouse of fibre and contains around 250 calories per 100 grams. It is a healthy option to add to your diet if consumed in the limit. Bread and butter is a simple and effective snack to gain weight.
- Salmon- It is packed with healthy fats and protein, salmon is a fantastic food to consume if you are looking to put on weight. It is rich in mega-3 fatty acids that boost health and keeps away the diseases. A rich 6-ounce fillet salmon provides around 350 calories and 4 grams of omega-fats.
- Cheese- It is a fabulous source of protein and healthy fats, cheese is a great option to add your weight gain diet as it gives a punch of flavour to food too. It contains around 110 per calories per ounce and approximately 8 grams of protein.
- Cereal snack bar- Bars like oats, granola, bran and multigrain have a high carb content and a low sugar content, making them a healthy option to weight gain quickly. Avoid consuming cereal snack bars that have refined grain or added sugar.
- Dark Chocolate- Not only dark chocolate helps you to gain weight but it also provides anti-oxidants fibre and nutrients. A 100 gm of the chocolate bar has around 550 calories. Dark chocolate is also known to stimulate the production of endorphins and serotonin which promotes a feeling of happiness and pleasure.
These food items can accelerate the process and will help you to gain weight.