Headache, tiredness and skin problems are a result of dehydration. If your body is dehydrated, your skin will look more fresh, radiant and glowing. Expert suggests drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day to keep you hydrated. While drinking water is important, you can also get your daily dose of hydration through the food you eat. Here are some basic food items that will hydrate your body and lead to glowing skin:
- Tomatoes- The water content in tomato is 94% and it also contains Vitamin A, C and lycopene that help fight many diseases as one medium-sized tomato by itself provides about half a cup of water. You can add cherry tomatoes to your salads or enjoy delicious tomato soup.
- Watermelon- It has the highest water content at 92%. One cup of watermelon juice contains a minimum of 118 ml of water in addition to fibre and other important nutrients such as Vitamin C, A and magnesium. You can add it to your salads or consume it as a side dish.
- Pumpkin Seeds- These are packed with zinc, as well as vitamins A and K and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are essential. They are also rich in fatty acids and Vitamin C, which are important for producing sebum, your skin’s natural oil to protect and repair skin.
- Garlic- It is the best medicine had also helped prevent breakouts and maintain clear skin. It is best to crush and chop garlic and leave it on the cutting board for a few minutes before cooking.
- Walnuts- These nuts have omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which help the body retain moisture, giving your mane a healthy-looking shine. The protein content of the walnuts helps boost hair follicles, making hair fuller and stronger.
- Yoghurt- It contains essential nutrients and lots of water and that is beneficial for your body. One serving of yoghurt contains 88% water along with vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium and more, all of which are vital for bone health. Eat a bowl of plain yoghurt with your meals as it will help with digestion or you can add fresh fruits like strawberries, oranges and honey to make a delicious salad.
Eating whole foods makes your skin hydrated and glowing because they contain tons of nutrients, phytochemicals and enzymes that work synergistically to keep us healthy.