Your health is most affected by what you eat, it also has an effect on how you feel today, tomorrow and in the coming days. Good nutrition is a key part of a healthy lifestyle and by incorporating physical activity with food, you gain and maintain a healthy weight, reduces the risk of diseases and improve your overall health. Today, on the occasion of World Health Day, we are going to tell you ways to include more nutrients in your diet, so that your health is good for a long time.
- Eating whole, unprocessed foods as often as possible is a good thing, but it is not possible every time. Always pay attention to the list of ingredients written on the packaged product and look at things like saturated fat, sodium and added sugar. With this, you will be able to achieve your diet and nutrition goals. To make easy light snacks, you can prepare Homemade Energy Bar or Laddus from walnuts in large quantities, so when you feel hungry you will definitely have healthy stuff to eat.
- Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day as it can help reduce your desire to eat something again and again. Also it can be helpful to overcome the dilemma between your hunger or thirst, maintaining moisture is really important, especially for those who are always active.
- To stay healthy, you do not need to remove non-veg items from your diet, but the different foods should be eaten for balance diet. Also eat vegetables and fruits as much you can, Vegetable base foods have to be included in the meal. This is the easiest way to include essential nutrition and vitamins in your diet. This includes walnuts, which will increase your omega-3 ALA intake. Mix vegetables and walnuts with your sandwiches, poha, upma, paratha, chutney, sauce and dip.
- Due to spending most of the time at home, it is now possible to sit and eat regularly with your family but after this, do not stop enjoying these small things. Things like sitting and eating together are very good for both your mental and physical health. This will make you eat slowly, which causes your body to process and digest food properly. Apart from physical benefits, it can also provide mental benefits.
- Almost everyone takes snacks daily and most people do so to satisfy their cravings but most of the nutritional needs are not met. Make your snacks such that it contains a mixture of protein, fiber and good fat. Eating walnuts with spices of your choice is the best snack. There is a satisfying crunch in it, of you want, you can mix some other nutritional things with walnuts.